Browsing gopher in Emacs #emacs
There's a nice mode to browse gopher sites in Emacs: gopher.el on Microsoft Github.
- Links should be highlighted better - underlined?
- Going back is
B- which is annoying to type, why not a lower case letter? I'm used to
qfrom Magit, Gnus and many other places in Emacs - that would be my preference.
- When you to back, the cursor is put at the top of the page, rather than where it was, which makes browsing a bunch of pages less easy, as you have to remember how far down the page/list you got.
- I don't have w3m installed, so I had to uncomment 4 lines to make gopher.el load; maybe that could Just Work™ automatically?
To avoid spam many websites make you fill out a CAPTCHA, or log in via an account at a corporation such as Twitter, Facebook, Google or even Microsoft GitHub.
I have chosen to use a more old school method of spam prevention.
To post a comment here, you need to:
¹ Such as Thunderbird, Pan, slrn, tin or Gnus (part of Emacs).
- Configure a newsreader¹ to connect to the server
- Open the newsgroup called
1119using nntps (nntp over TLS).
lantern.koldfrontand post a follow up to the article.
Or, you can fill in this form: