I upgraded my home server to Debian 9 (stretch) today - as stretch was released during the weekend.
The upgrade was uneventful - just the way I like it.
Only two things broke severely:
- A website originally from 2006, implemented in Perl using Catalyst and Mason, which refuses to run, due to
-Tand insecure require, whatever that suddenly means in this context.
- ejabberd won't talk ECDSA any more, and thus can't connect to one of the XMPP-servers I federate with. We have tried tweaking both ends, but to no avail. Annoying.
And then there were a couple of hickups with older websites, and I had to upgrade the website of Feedbase to Spock 0.12.0, which took a little fiddling.
But overall I think this is the smoothest Debian upgrade yet. Kudos!
Updates: The website has been fixed by switching from running it under
mod_perl and using
The problem with ejabberd and Prosody TLS connections I fixed by patching an Erlang package: Patched ejabberd (
erlang-p1-tls) to support multiple ECDH curves.