Upgrading BIOS/ECP on a Lenovo X1 Extreme 2nd gen #computers
It used to be a bit of trouble to upgrade the BIOS and ME on a Lenovo laptop running GNU/Linux.
These days, it's much easier:
- Download BIOS update for Linux
- Make sure you have configured the BIOS to allow updating from Windows(!)
- Simply run
fwupdmgr installon the two relevant
.CABfiles in the downloaded zip-archive (each requires a reboot)
I hope this:
- (Fix) Improved key code generation logic to avoid keystroke missing issue.
works, as I have been annoyed by missing keystrokes.
To avoid spam many websites make you fill out a CAPTCHA, or log in via an account at a corporation such as Twitter, Facebook, Google or even Microsoft GitHub.
I have chosen to use a more old school method of spam prevention.
To post a comment here, you need to:
¹ Such as Thunderbird, Pan, slrn, tin or Gnus (part of Emacs).
- Configure a newsreader¹ to connect to the server
- Open the newsgroup called
1119using nntps (nntp over TLS).
lantern.koldfrontand post a follow up to the article.
Or, you can fill in this form: