I postponed the upgrade of my main/home server until today, a week later.
Upgrading was reasonably smooth this time, so far I have only had these problems:
- I had to update my ejabberd.yml configuration file manually to make ejabberd start - that took a while, as it has changed quite a bit (mostly comments, though).
- I had to update my radicale/config file manually in similar fashion, and it no longer supports sha1 in the htpasswd file (but still md5!?) - so I switched to bcrypt. After that it failed on VCARD entries with no UID, so I added those to the various VCARD files.
- The old Hatta instance I run needed a libapache2-mod-wsgi - which doesn't exist in Debian any more, as Python 2.7 is gone. I had to "forward-port" the package from Debian 10. It seems to run with the virtual environment I created during the last upgrade.
- Apache::Gallery uses Text::Template, which had to be patched to work around taint mode (again).
- For weewex I had to update the weewx-sdr plugin to match the output of the newer rtl_433 - 3 patches sent to the author.
I had to build all my Haskell-based websites
cabal new-build and adjust the paths to the binaries.
Interestingly, this time around none of my Perl based websites broke.