- 2019-05-04 Browsing gopher in Emacs
There's a nice mode to browse gopher sites in Emacs: gopher.el on Microsoft Github.
Links should be highlighted better - underlined...
- 2019-01-06 Feedbase year 3
I started Feedbase in 2016. Today I randomly searched through the logs and counted the number of unique IP(v4/v6) addresses that have accessed the NNTP-server...
- 2016-12-27 Emacs: find-file-from-selection
Tired of having to select exactly the part of a warning- or error message in the terminal, or a log file, and then pasting it into the mini-buffer in Emacs...
- 2016-03-12 pinentry-emacs
This little solution is absolutely great: pinentry-emacs.
The default GUI pinentry thing pops up a window on the wrong screen, when using emacs/emacsclient...
- 2016-01-11 shr-max-image-proportion - yes!
I am working on a system that allows me to read Atom/RSS-feeds using nntp - in Gnus, Thunderbird, slrn, or whatever newsclient you prefer.
Reading the newsfeed...
- 2015-12-01 XEmacs status 2015
I stopped using XEmacs 4 years ago - stopped my buildbots and automatic Debian package building scripts, and migrated to GNU Emacs.
The stuff that I missed...
- 2015-08-05 Timestamping presence notifications from jabber.el
Sometimes it is nice to know when a presence change alert from jabber.el happened, "X is now Online", "X is now Offline" - sure, but when was that?
- 2015-08-03 jabber.el, OTR and notifications
A while back I switched from using Pidgin for XMPP to jabber.el, I think primarily because OTR didn't work reliably for me in Pidgin.
Or there was some other...
- 2015-07-22 Gnus, reporting spam
I have been reporting spam on Gmane by going to the web-interface for years. For years, I tell you, like a savage.
Finally I got my act together and configured...
- 2014-12-21 Tron
If you, like me, have just seen the movie Tron (1982) for the first time, this blog-post about the art of the sequel, Tron: Legacy (2010), will wet your appetite...
- 2014-12-06 Too little time, too many links
Here is a bunch of apparently rare Hunter S. Thompson articles, that I ought to read: *HST – Rare Articles.
I have been trying to get myself together to learn...
- 2013-10-13 XEmacs removed from Debian
Even though I left XEmacs for GNU Emacs a couple of years ago, it is still kind of sad to see the XEmacs packages removed from Debian.
6 release critical bugs...
- 2012-05-27 GNU Emacs 24 and GTK; scroll bars
Is GNU Emacs 24 going to be released with scroll bars that are misleading in length?
I can't remember if this has ever worked in GNU Emacs 24, but shouldn...
- 2011-12-26 xemacs.koldfront.dk dismantled
Since I switched to GNU Emacs earlier this year, I have dismantled my daily snapshot packages of the development version of XEmacs.
I think I was the only...
- 2011-12-25 First equivs package
The auctex-package in Debian unstable seems to have recently started to depend on emacs23.
I have emacs-snapshot (GNU Emacs 24) installed and no need for emacs23...
- 2011-12-08 Emacs keybindings are arcane
... even 30 years ago people were complaining about Emacs' keyboard shortcuts.
So, they haven't changed (fundamentally) in 30 years - is that a sign of success...
- 2011-10-12 GNU Emacs crashes when iconified
After installing a new emacs-snapshot package, suddenly Emacs started crashing when I iconified a window and moved the mouse over it.
The output in the terminal...
- 2011-07-14 Documentation, documentation, documentation
Of course the builtin documentation of Emacs is aimed at proficient elisp programmers, but... sometimes it would be nice to have a couple of extra words to...
- 2011-04-30 XEmacs 21.5.31 "ginger" has been released
And there goes the GPLv3 release!
- 2011-04-26 XEmacs 21.5.30 "garlic"has been released
Blink your eyes a couple of times. Yes, it is true: a new XEmacs release!
After in the beginning of January estimating a release in the first week of February...
- 2010-09-07 Dear [person] who has just discovered SuperCite
... yes, your off-standard personalized quotation markers with first name/initials/something else are very spiffy.
However, as your lawyer, I must recommend...
- 2010-07-16 Making XEmacs 21.5 fit visually
Here are some X resources that I use to make XEmacs fit a little more seamlessly:
XEmacs*menubar*fcFontName: DejaVu Sans-10
- 2010-05-17 Not matching parenthesis in Gnus group buffer
; Don't match parens in group-mode:
(add-hook 'gnus-group-mode-hook '(lambda ()
- 2009-12-06 Daily XEmacs development snapshot Debian packages
Heavily inspired by Romain Francoise's emacs-snapshot packages of GNU Emacs, I decided to do something similar for XEmacs 21.5.
I have created xemacs.koldfront...
- 2008-04-26 Donald Knuth
Here is an interview with Donald Knuth, where he - among many other things - expresses his lack of enthusiasm for multicore processors:
They think a magic...
- 2008-02-02 xkcd on editors
The often brilliant comic xkcd has an entry called "Real Programmers" about that very important question: What is your favourite editor?
- 2008-01-26 Composing HTML email in Emacs
"Holy redundant redundancy, Batman!" - a nice description of how to compose HTML email in Emacs.
If you really, really, really have to. I can't think of a...
- 2007-06-02 GNU Emacs 22.1 released!
Today hell froze over as GNU Emacs 22.1 was released.
The previous stable version 21.1 was released almost 6 years ago, making the GNU Emacs release cycle...
- 2003-06-25 Babysteps
Yesterday, for the first time ever, I actually thought: "Hey, I should write an elisp function for this."(!) And I did.
I wonder, though, where the forum for...