As GNOME 3 hits Debian testing, various comments are rolling in:
- Playing the GNOME 3 Desktop Quest - Pete Zaitcev likens GNOME 3 to playing Leisure Suit Larry as a non-native English speaker. The comments even have a link to a cheatsheet(!)
- The cost of progress - Jonathan McDowell venting.
- GNOME 3 - Jon Dowland muses about the "UI Singularity".
- On GNOME 3 - Jan Hauke Rahm chips in with a bit of seldom found love for GNOME 3.
- Switching desktop environments - Peter Eisentraut uses the GNOME 3 experience as a starting point to compliment Debian on the ease of switching desktop environments.
- Running GNOME 3 and noone will notice - after a bunch of fixes Joachim Breitner concludes: "So, I guess, now that everything is almost as it was in GNOME2, I can say I like it...". Success?
Update: GNOME 3 sure is the gift that keeps on giving; more:
- In response to Andrew Cowie - Jon Dowland responds to a rare account of a positive experience with GNOME 3.
- some more reasons to hate gnome shell - Craig Sanders riffs on GNOME Shell (in 3.2, no less).